Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes 2012

Oh my gracious. The night is finally over, but the pictures keep coming in. While the actual Golden Globes award show was super boring (Why won't the Hollywood Foreign Press listen to me for once and finally hire Robert Downey Jr. to host the Golden Globes? I need to talk the Academy into letting him do the Oscars too. It's a work in progress.) the red carpet was anything but. I've picked my favorites; Katharine McPhee, Jessica Chastain, Stacy Keibler and Julie Bowen. Granted, only one of them (Jessica Chastain) was nominated as an individual and only one of them (Julie Bowen for "Modern Family") actually won, but still. In my eyes, they won before the show even began. Oh that was less corny in my head.
Katharine McPhee's Donna Karan dress was actually my favorite. It's gorgeous, it fits her perfectly and her accessories are flawless.
YAY. Jessica Chastain looked perfect in this Givenchy gown. I love the styling, it's very 1960s. When I first saw it, it actually reminded me of the party scene in "The Debt." Look it up.
I adore Julie Bowen's Reem Acra gown. And her hair. This is just perfect.
I adore Shailene Woodley's Marchesa gown. I absolutely adore it. I love the cut, the color and the detailing. I'm starting to come around to her lace of a hairstyle too.
Julianne Moore looked gorgeous in this Chanel gown. What I love more than the gown are her earrings. They are SO PRETTY.
Stacy Keibler looked gorgeous in this Valentino gown. I love everything about it, of course, but I'm really freaking out over the back. That bow is magnificent. Oh goodness. I am jealous. Forever.
I was really disappointed with Kate Winslet's Jenny Packham dress. I think it's the cut in the front. I just don't love it.
Up close, I don't like Octavia Spencer's Tadashi Shoji dress. But from farther away, the wide straps were impeccable. Either way the color looks amazing on her. And her acceptance speech was cute.
Elle Macpherson is stunning. I hate her for it. I also want to like her gown, but I don't. I appreciate the said ruggedness of the Zac Posen dress but it just looks unfinished.
I wanted to like Emma Stone's Lanvin gown, but I just don't. I think the eagle belt is the thing throwing me off. It looks like something my Grandpa wore during his Civil War reenacting bit. Yeah, that happened. Don't question it.
I know a lot of people loved this, but I hated Angelina Jolie's Atelier Versace gown and everything about it. I didn't like the cut, I didn't like her styling, I just don't like any of it.
I know I said it before, but Zooey Deschanel's Prada gown makes her look like one of those Sobe Lifewater models. You know where they paint scales on their naked bodies and it's creepy? Yeah. Those.
Miss Pyle looked like a giant, giant booger. I hate this. I hate this a ridiculous amount.
If Evan Rachel Wood's Gucci gown was strapless, I would be really in love. You know I don't like halters, but I can't hate this entirely because the feathers are too amazing.
I really didn't like Claire Danes' J. Mendel dress. The back was really pretty, but the white didn't really flow. It should be black, no?
WHY WAS NICOLE KIDMAN THERE? I say this EVERYTIME she is ANYWHERE. And to top it off, I don't like her Versace gown, so, that sucks.
Not only is Natalie Portman's Lanvin gown unflattering, but it's a dumb color too. Yes, colors can be dumb, okay?
I actually don't like Lea Michele's Marchesa gown. I think it would be a great gown for a photo shoot, but I don't know, it's a little much. But then again, it is Lea Michele and she does look fantastic.
Ugh. What is this? Madonna wore a Reem Acra gown which was super ugly, by the way. I don't understand why it was so tight on the top and I also don't know why she was wearing a glove. I just have a lot of unanswered questions about madonna. Andrea Riseborough, star of Madonna's "W.E." film, wore a Vivienne Westwood dress. I actually kind of like it. The only thing I am unsure about is the possible shorts she is wearing under the dress. I mean, are they like, black Spanx or something? I can't tell and I find that worrisome.
I wanted to like Charlize Theron's Christian Dior dress, but she looks like a piece of cake. This would be great without the big like, frosting thing on the side.
Mila Kunis looked gorgeous in this Christian Dior gown. Just gorgeous.
Reese Witherspoon looked incredible in Zac Posen. Everyone commented on how she was channeling Jessica Rabbit and I loves it.
Kate Beckinsale looked extra gorgeous in this Roberto Cavalli gown. It fits her perfectly and those earrings are AMAZING.
I LOVE this Gucci gown but I DISLIKE Jessica Alba. Even as a presenter (Yeah, I was confused as to why she was there too) she was awful. I mean, give it up, Alba.
I loved everything about Jessica Biel's Elie Saab gown until she came up to present. When she walked up, the dress was awkwardly billowy and gave her a third boob. I mean that in the most delicate way, of course.
ALL of Piper Perabo's pictures look like this. Literally every single one. I mean, I'm glad someone's excited about this Oliver Theyskens for Theory gown.
Rooney Mara looked great in this Nina Ricci gown. While I don't love the gown a ton, she looks gorgeous and still so awkward. I just want to give her a hug.
Tina Fey + Oscar de la Renta = Kind of fantastic. She looked even better on stage. Trust me.
I don't like Sarah Michelle Gellar's Monique Lhuillier gown. It's just too much. And the print is just, no.
As cute as Sarah Hyland is in this gorgeous Dolce & Gabbana gown, it reminds me of the dress she wore last year. Right? Or am I just crazy?
Why was Nicole Richie there? Why did she have bangs? Why did she wear this Julien Macdonald dress? Just, why?
Of course Sofia Vergara wore Vera Wang and of course she looked incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment