Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 2" World Premiere

Yes, the time has come. The last of the Harry Potter premieres. I invite you to bring out the tissues and chocolate. (The tissues for crying and the chocolate for a) Emotional eating and b) You know, if Dementors show up. Obvs.) 'Tis a sad time for all. What is also sad is the fact that in exactly a week and about 11 hours, I will be sitting in a theatre with my best friend, popcorn, Diet Coke and tissues, awaiting the end of my childhood. Well, media-wise. I said goodbye to my childhood three years ago. Whatever. But for now, I invite you to journey with me to the London premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2."
I'm so glad Dan Rad decided to make an appearance today. I was quite shocked when he was missing from the photocall yesterday. They all look extremely dapper. More on Emma Watson's gorgeousness in a second. And I must say, my 9 year crush on Rupert Grint (Yes, I said 9. Did anyone even like "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?" Okay, I did but not in the same way that I love the movies now. You know?) is increasing every year. I mean, look at his hair! I love it. I want to touch it. I'd also like to point out that the sign behind the trio says "Visit MY Chamber of Secrets, Rupert." Okay. Out of ALL of the Harry Potter pick up lines, such as "If you were a Dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss." (Although that one is dumb. You want them to suck your soul?...) "My love for you burns like a dying phoenix." "If I were to look into the Mirror of Erised, I'd see the two of us together." And even "I'd like to get my basilisk into your chamber of secrets." The fact that they only wanted him to visit their chamber of secrets is just sad. Granted, I just looked up Harry Potter pick-up lines, but still.
Accio gown! I'm in love... Emma Watson was GLOWING today. She looked absolutely stunning in this gorgeous Oscar de la Renta gown. I remember seeing this on the runway and falling in love with it. She looks even more gorgeous in it. I like that she went all out with this. It's completely opposite from the dress she wore yesterday, which I admire. It's almost as though this dress was made with her in mind. I'm convinced that Oscar de la Renta can do no wrong.
Speaking of Oscar de la Renta, J.K. Rowling made an interesting and quite surprising appearance in an Oscar de la Renta gown. She looks gorgeous. I also remember seeing this dress on the runway and hoping someone magnificent would wear it. And considering J.K. Rowling is pretty incredible, I think this was a perfect choice. My only suggestion would be to bring it in a little at the waist. Other than that, I love it. Gosh, this looks like a wedding picture. I think Tom Felton and his painfully gorgeous girlfriend, Jade Gordon, are so pretty together. He's getting cuter every year, isn't he?
Whenever I think of Ginny Weasley (Yes, Ginny Weasley, not Bonnie Wright. She's one of the only Harry Potter characters that I refuse to call by their real names.) one of her lines from "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," "Mummy, have you seen my jumper?" "Yes dear, it's on the cat!" automatically pops into my head. I haven't the slightest idea as to why that makes me laugh as hard as it does. Anyway, I don't like her Miu Miu outfit. It's so boring and makes her look matronly. I do like Ginny's earrings though. They're beautiful.
NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM?! Oh dang. Matthew Lewis grew up fast, am I right? Everytime I think of Neville (This blog post is just a trip down my Harry Potter memory lane, isn't it?) I picture him hanging from the chandelier or fainting because of the Mandrakes. Apparently all of my memories are just from the second book/movie right now. I don't know why.
Helena Bonham Carter is such a badass. I love her. And I think her shoes are matching today! That's actually disappointing, I really wanted her to be wearing mismatched shoes with like, lightening bolts on them or something. I even like her headpiece. What I do not like though, is her bag. I have problems with purses on the red carpet. Clutches? Fine. Purses? No.
Clemence Poesy, who makes me automatically think of her "Gossip Girl" character everytime I see her, showed up in this Nina Ricci dress and I actually like it. I don't like her shoes though, but I'm sure that's not surprising.
Holy. What?... Natalia Tena, aka. Nymphadora Tonks, showed up in this hot mess of a dress. I'm actually concerned about her. Cowboy boots? You are in LONDON woman. Not Texas. And that flower? You are not Helena Bonham Carter. You are Tonks. I don't understand what's going on.
Mollie King (A singer for some band called The Saturdays or, in my mind, some British girl who looks like the new "lesbian" in "Pretty Little Liars") looked beautiful in this gorgeous Julien MacDonald gown. I love the way it's blowing in the wind. This dress is perfection. I also like that she belted it. Well done, random girl. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment