Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy Awards 2011

Oh, the Grammys. If we're being completely honest, I kind of hate the Grammys. I mean, I don't want to hate them, but I do. (Most of the time) They're trashy. Musicians wear the weirdest things and they give me sweet little fashion heart attacks. But have no fear, Lea Michele was there to save the day! And the Academy Awards are in two weeks, so that will restore my faith in people.
I can't even begin to tell you how glad I was that Lea Michele made an appearance. Her Emilio Pucci dress is stunning. It has restored my faith in celebrities. I don't like her hair and I don't like her lipstick, but I love her dress. She looks stunning, as always. She can do no wrong in my book.
Alright, I know that I should hate Rihanna's Jean Paul Gaultier "dress," but I don't really. I mean, is there anything wrong with being a tease? No. But I mean, it looks like she is wearing streamers around her body, but it really isn't THAT bad. At least she didn't show up in an egg... More on that (unfortunately) later.
Here's the thing. I LOVE Natasha Bedingfield. I absolutely adore her. I've loved her for years, back when people only knew of her because she sang the theme song for "The Hills." Now that you know how much I love her, you'll know how much it pains me to say that I don't like her dress. I don't necessarily dislike it, it is just kind of blah. I'm not big on light blue/periwinkle either though, so that may or may not be the reason. Florence Welch showed up in a Givenchy Couture gown and I don't really like it. It's just kind of there. You know? There is nothing that is making my heart stop. Okay, I know A LOT of people are going to get mad at me for this, but I really don't like Hayley Williams (aka. That girl from Paramore). Not only is she kind of obnoxious (Right?) but this Jeremy Scott dress is hideous. Honestly, I am sorry to say (And by sorry, I mean, I don't care) that I think she is worst dressed. And the pink with her red hair? I can't. I just can't.
Oh, Willow Smith. It's hard to hate an outfit when it's on a fetus. Fetus, 9 year old, same thing. But I am going to make an exception. She looks like she flew back to Earth from the orbiting space station Zenon was from. Oh, please. Don't pretend you don't know who Zenon is...
Snooki, Snooki, Snooki. First off, I have no idea why she was there... She doesn't sing, thank goodness. So, let's talk about her dress. I don't hate the dress itself, but it looks kind of awful on her. It's not flattering at all. But for Snooki, I am pretty impressed.
Sweet little Selena Gomez. I adore her. I also adore her J. Mendel dress. She looks stunning. Very classy and very beautiful. I'm still rooting for her!
Alright. Y'all know I don't love Nicole Kidman. Her outfits are always so blah and boring. But for some reason unknown to me (Maybe she read my blog? Jk.) she mixed it up, stepped outside of her comfort zone and I am obsessed with the results. While I don't love her Jean Paul Gaultier gown, I love it at the same time. That doesn't make sense, don't judge me. What I mean is that I love that this isn't a plain black or white dress. It has detail, dare I say it, it has personality too. Very, very well done.
HA HA HA I can't hate Nicki Minaj. As much as I want to, I really can't. Her Givenchy Couture outfit kills me. I love it. And I hate that I love it. I mean, sweet Lord have mercy. It's too much. It's way too much, but I love it. I love some cheetah print and I love that she was crazy with her outfit, but it's still tame at the same time. She took a risk, but she didn't look stupid. Don't roll your eyes, she could've come wearing an actual cheetah or something. You never know when it comes to a) The Grammys and b) Nicki Minaj. She just kills me.
Miley, Miley, Miley, Miley. I don't hate her Roberto Cavalli gown as much as I originally did. I love the design on the dress and the colors. The only thing I am having problems with is the top of the dress. It looks very revealing, but I can't tell for sure because she has so much damn hair. This is definitely better than what she wore the night before though...
Why on Earth was Kim Kardashian there? Yes, yes I realize that she thinks she can sing, but she's not nominated. So silly. I don't like her Kaufman Franco gown, but she looks stunning in it. Unfortunately, I am going to have to hate on her nude shoes this time. I don't want to because you all know how much I love nude shoes on the red carpet, but she is wearing a gold, flashy dress. She should've worn gold and flashy heels, no?
I love Katy Perry. Granted, she looks like a freak or a Victoria's Secret Angel model, but I still love her. The outfit, however, I kind of hate. But I respect the fact that she is confident enough to wear this.
Biebs! I want to put him in my pocket, he's so precious. This white suit does make him look like Colonel Sanders, but he still looks adorbs.
J.Lo kills me. And not in a Nicki Minaj way either. While it's obvious that she still looks great for her age, she's too old to be wearing this. I need her daughter to start talking so that she can have a talk with her Mom about her wardrobe.
I got a text about Johnny Depp's outfit last night. Oh, I'm sorry, what? This isn't Johnny Depp? My bad. Evidently this is John Mayer. I don't even know, okay?
Can we talk about how great Jennifer Hudson looks right now? Goodness. She looks AMAZING in this Versace gown. This is possibly my second favorite gown of the night.
Am I the only one who finds Heidi Klum and Seal's marriage strange? Yes, still. I realize they're in love, have babies, etc. but I still think it's kind of weird. What I don't think is weird, however, is Heidi's gown. It's gorgeous! So, so, so pretty.
You guys! I don't like Dianna Agron's Vivienne Westwood dress at all! It's stiff, awkward and ugly. I really don't like it which is making me genuinely sad because I used to love all of her stuff.
I really don't know why Eva Longoria was there either. I don't like her dress either. It's a little bit ugly. And by a little bit, I mean that I hate it.
Ciara bothers me. Put clothes on, woman! And no, this Emilio Pucci dress does not count as a dress. She's practically naked.
Fetus! This is legitimately going to give me nightmares.
Lord have mercy on my soul. I don't understand why Lady Gaga decided to show up in a womb, I mean, egg. I really, really, really don't understand. The meat dress was disgusting, but it made more sense than an egg... I read a Tweet that said "She was at the VMAs covered in meat. Now she's at the Grammys dressed as an egg. Two more red carpets and Gaga will be a Denny's Grand Slam." Funny? Heck yes? True? Unfortunately I would not be surprised if she did, in fact, show up as an entire breakfast meal. I can't stand Lady Gaga anymore. I'm sure you picked up on that when I ranted about her Vogue cover, but honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment