Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MET Ball 2010

I am so unbelievably tired right now, but I HAVE to post about the MET Ball (Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute 2010 Gala) because I am obsessing over more than half of the gowns. My heart literally beats for events like this. Moments like these remind me why I do what I do and why I love what I love.
Let me just start off by telling you that Jennifer Lopez won my heart tonight. Her Zuhair Murad gown is GORGEOUS. Gorgeous may or may not be an understatement. She looks phenomenal. Seriously. This is the dress that made my heart skip a beat. I am going to have dreams about this dress. (You think I'm kidding, but I've had dreams about dresses before. If not dream dreams, then daydreams for sure).
Surprisingly, I really like Milla Kunis' Vera Wang dress. I would wear it in a heartbeat. But let's be real right now, I would wear ANY Vera Wang gown in a heartbeat. No questions asked.
Not only did Sienna Miller show up with (My dream boyfriend) Jude Law, but she also showed up in this fabulous Emilio Pucci gown. I really love it. I don't love her shoes all that much, but the dress and the gorgeous date (Seriously, I want to kiss Jude Law on the mouth right now) make up for them.
I am obsessed with Camilla Belle's Jason Wu gown. I love the color, I love the cut and I love the one-strap. I love it all actually. If I hadn't seen Jennifer Lopez first, this would've won my heart. This is my second favorite then.
Alessandra Ambrosio is so beautiful, it's ridiculously unfair. She looks amazing in this Versace gown. Absolutely amazing.
I don't love Jessica Szhor's dress, but I don't hate it either. I'll let this one sit here for now and I'll get back to you on it, for I don't want to hate on the dress, but I don't want to sing it's praises just yet.
You're kidding me, right?
I don't know if I've shared this with you yet, but I love Justin Timberlake. He's on my "I would kiss him and then some..." list. I find him dashing. Jessica Biel's dress from the Ralph Lauren Collection isn't my favorite. It's alright. She looks really pretty though, but I'm not in love with her dress just yet.
Oh, heaven help us. Kristen Stewart has landed herself on my Worst Dressed list, for sure. And to make this even worse (No, I'm not talking about her hair or bad posture), it's a Chanel dress! She put Chanel to shame, if you ask me.
Oddly enough, I kind of like the conservativeness of Marion Cotillard's Christian Dior gown. Right?
I hate Bar Refaeli for two reasons. 1. She's gorgeous all the time. 24/7. I've never seen a bad picture of her. 2. She gets to kiss Leonardo DiCaprio (My other imaginary boyfriend) anytime she wants. It's all extremely unfair. Even though she looks gorgeous, I'm not sure I like the dress all that much.
I really want to like Elizabeth Banks' Gucci dress. I think I would've liked it if she wasn't wearing these ugly tights with it. It's just way too much going on.
Yeah, I don't know if I like Kirsten Dunst's Rodarte for GAP dress. It's nice, but that's all. And when the word "nice" comes to mind, I try to think of a different word because "nice" is a boring word.
I love that I could tell within seconds that Blake Lively was wearing a Marchesa dress. I love Marchesa so much, it's unreal.
I LOVE Kate Hudson's Stella McCartney gown. I love the slit, I love the cut, I love the color and I love that now Kate has boobs, she's totally using it to her advantage. She looks great.
Of course Emma Watson is wearing a Burberry dress and of course she looks amazing in it. I'm seriously obsessing over one-shoulder dresses right now.
Oh, I hate Renee Zellweger's Caroline Herrera gown. I hate the bottom half especially.
I don't even like Kristin Davis' dress all that much, I'm just in love with the train. It's amazing.
Kristen Bell is so dang adorable, it's almost sickening. I feel like I wouldn't like this Diane Von Furstenberg dress on anyone BUT Kristen though.
I love Katy Perry. Why? Here is reason #912093... She has LED lights in her Cute Circuit dress. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is. I mean, obviously it's so ugly, I mean, she looks like a cupcake, but she can get away with anything.
I actually really like Kate Bosworth's Valentino gown. It's different and I appreciate originality sometimes. Oh, and I just really love her hair.
I don't like Jessica Alba's Sophie Theallet for GAP dress one bit. Gosh, I don't know what it is, but I just don't like anything Jessica Alba does.
Oddly enough, I kind of like Eva Mendes' Dolce & Gabbana floral dress. I love the fullness at the bottom and I actually like the print.
I LOVE Anne Hathaway's Valentino dress a whole heck of a lot. This dress may or may not guest star in my dreams as well.
Oh, Taylor Swift, you can seriously do no wrong, I'm convinced. Her Ralph Lauren Collection dress is simple, elegant and just plain beautiful. Taylor is simple, elegant and beautiful herself, so this dress is just perfect for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment