Monday, January 7, 2013

"Gangster Squad" LA Premiere

OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE, I CAN'T HANDLE IT. Emma Stone. Ryan Gosling. Gangsters. Los Angeles. 1950s. I can't deal, you guys. That's everything I love. Well, pretty much. So, the LA premiere (How fitting) of "Gangster Squad" was tonight and well, let's take a look at what went down.
I need to play the love/hate card on this. I love Emma Stone more than life itself (almost) so of course I'm not going to give this a complete thumbs down. However, I'm going to have to pick at it. First off, her hair and makeup is flawless, as always. Second, I adore her necklace a whole lot. Now the dress, I think what is throwing me off is the broach on the belt. It's taking away from the gorgeous necklace and that's a problem, my friends. But c'est la vie, you know? She's still perfect in my eyes.
Ryan Gosling's suit looks like actual poop. But he brought his Mom as his date, so I guess it evens out?... Right? Isn't that how it works? I mean, he didn't bring his girlfriend, Eva Mendes, so I know we're all singing his praises. And I mean, he brought his Mother so automatic gold stars. As someone on Facebook pointed out, "Maybe he was too distracted by the color of his suit" to which I replied "The suit and his reflection are presumably distracting..." It all makes sense if you really think about it. Also, I love how proud his Mom looks. Her face is all "Yep. I played a major role in creating this God-like man. I'm awesome. I know." It's true, Mama Gosling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment