Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lucky December 2012

I rarely write about Lucky anymore because they have such small cover shoots and I would just rather write about another magazine. BUT their December cover cannot go unnoticed, for many reasons. Britney Spears graces the cover and uh, yeah. It's bad. It's so bad. I am Team Britney. I always have been and I always will be, and I am truly confused by the use of a wig on the cover. Yes, Britney has had some hair troubles in the past, but it's been like 4 years, her hair has grown back successfully by now. This is no excuse. They are getting a LOT of hate about it actually and issued a Tweet apology (shown below). I'm glad, and frankly kind of surprised that they apologized, but that doesn't make this cover and it's horrible Photoshop go away... It's forever in our minds. Also, as my friend pointed out, it looks more like a February cover than a December cover. This just needs to be shut down. It's embarrassing.
The cover actually had potential though, you guys. That's the saddest part about it.
I feel like they just gave up on the styling too.
Oh, did I mention that it gets worse? Because it does. What is this outfit? I feel like it's something Cher had in her closet in "Clueless."
And Lucky's apology... I still can't though.

No comments:

Post a Comment