Sunday, May 20, 2012

2012 Billboard Music Awards

Okay, let me start this off with a disclaimer. Contrary to popular belief, I actually really really like music. I do not, however, like music awards. There is a difference, I promise. I understand and respect the creativity (fugliness) of music artists. With that being said, I still love me some awards shows. The Billboard Music Awards was held last night in Las Vegas and oh man, do we have some fugly little outfits going on. I am warning you now.
Holy gosh. Carrie Underwood looked AMAZEBALLS in Oscar de la Renta. Oh my gosh, she looked so gorgeous. And she knows she looked gorgeous, not in a cocky way, but you can tell she felt beautiful and I think confidence is one of the most important accessories on the red carpet. Ew, that was so much cheesier than it was in my head. But she was best dressed of the night. There was really no competition.
Okay, maybe there was some competition. Natasha Bedingfield (Whom I LOVE. If someone was to ask me what my favorite album ever is, my answer would be Natasha Bedingfield's "N.B." It is so good, I could cry. I could cry, you guys.) looked gorgeous. Sometimes she is a little off with her red carpet choices, but this is perfection.
I don't like Taylor Swift's Elie Saab dress. Don't hate me, it's just boring. I do like the red, it looks great on her, but I don't like the top. It's just missing something. Well, if we are on the subject of talking about Taylor Swift's fashion choices, she is missing something about 90% of the time. I still want to be her best friend though.
I am going to come out and defend Katy Perry again. I tried last night, but then I saw her performance and it made me revoke my defense. (That sounded kinda fancy but I don't think it made sense.) I love Katy, I saw her in concert back in November and she was a great performer, but her performance tonight was just heinous. I was sad for her. But apparently she broke up with her Florence + the Machine boyf. Maybe she is sad and that is why she wore this ugly Blumarine dress. That is the only excuse because she looks like a mermaid. And not in a good way because you know I love me a mermaid.
UGH. Zooey Deschanel makes me roll my eyes even more dramatically every time I see her. I know she's cute and people love her and whatever, but I just don't "get" her. Now here's the thing, I would be okay with her simple Moschino dress, but then I see her black tights and black flats. I LOVE black tights and I love any color flats, but it's just so stinkin' boring. It hurts me. It hurts my heart. I think that she is better than this. Or so my friends have been telling me.
I'm jealous of Julianne Hough because it seems as though she has a fancy, bedazzled bath towel on. Unfortunately, she decided to wear it outside. Now, this is just embarrassing. She almost looks embarrassed, so maybe someone told her that she forgot to get dressed...
Oh gosh, Nelly Furtado. Who put you into this? This Alberta Ferretti was gorgeous on the runway but you wouldn't even know looking at this. I mean, a black bra. REALLY? Why are you doing this to us? Is it because we forgot about you, Nelly? Is that why? Also, his necklace is super gorgeous, but not with this. I just, I cannot even process this. It's so bad.
Ty Burrell and Julie Bowen co-hosted the awards show. I know what you are thinking, "Isn't that random?" Yes, why yes it is random. I don't know how well they did because I didn't watch the show, but considering they are both kind of amazing, I doubt there were problems. Well, there was one problem and that was Julie Bowen's dress. I just don't like it. I KNOW she is better than this.
Holy balls. Excuse me, but what? Miley Cyrus wore a Jean Paul Gaultier jacket and mini dress. Yes, evidently there is a mini dress in there somewhere and no, it is not easy to see. It's probably because of her classless cleavage. Or maybe her horrible hair. I can't. Mileybird, you look super slutty. Stop this.
Justin Bieber has too much swag. WAY too much. It's not a good look, Biebs.
(Via Zimbio)

No comments:

Post a Comment