Sunday, April 1, 2012

Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2012

Yes. The Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards were tonight. I don't particularly like this awards show, partially because they hold (or held, back in my day) burping contests and cover celebrities in green booger slime. But it is an awards show nevertheless, and you know how happy that makes my heart. Shall we?
Emma freaking Stone. Are you kidding me with this? She looks so good. SO good. I adore her Antonio Berardi outfit. She also showed up with our shared boyfriend, Andrew Garfield. I mean, she has him in real life, but I have him in my imagination. It's pretty much the same thing. Anyway, her hair is blonde again and I love it. Her subtle makeup also seems to put a cherry on top of this entire look. I am curious about the bag that seems to be attached to her fingertips. Please, Lord, tell me she did not bring a purse. I'll investigate and get back to you on that.
So, this Dolce & Gabbana number happened and I don't completely hate it. I adore Selena Gomez, I don't know many people who disagree, and I get this whole "I'm a woman now" thing going on and the fact that she is being classy about it makes me love her even more. I really dislike the black band around her midriff though. It keeps grabbing my attention and I don't want my attention to be... Grabbed? I don't know. I love her pink pumps though.
So, this green number also happened and I happen to hate it. I don't know what I hate more. Her hair or her green booger slime colored sports bra. It's all so bad. So very, very bad.
Taylor Swift was awarded the Big Help Award by Michelle Obama. I don't know what that means, but it must be pretty important if the First Lady decides to stop on by. While Taylor Swift didn't take a fashion risk (big shocker), I do think this is quite darling. I don't want to talk about Michelle Obama's. I think it's a sin to talk badly about the First Lady of the United States. Right?...
Victoria Justice really bores me in a lot of ways. I hope no one ever says that about me, for it's not a nice thing to say, but it's true. This outfit helps prove my point. Also, those little booties are no. Absolutely no.
The Smith family is a strange family. And not strange in a Cyrus family sort of way, but strange in a "I kind of want to go to Chili's with them because they seem like a strange group" kind of way. I mean, in more than half of these pictures, Jada Pinkett Smith looks like the Mom no one wants around but everyone is just too afraid to say anything. Willow and Jaden are so spunky. I think that's the best word to describe them. Also, I love that Willow can whip her hair back and forth, but also rock a pink buzz. She's so cool, you guys.
TEAM PEETA. I have an unexplained little crush on Josh Hutcherson. I don't want to talk about it. Only, I kind of do. I only wish he had taken off his sunglasses. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that the sun was reflecting too brightly off of the orange red carpet and not that he was trying to look douchey. Because that kind of happened. I know it's not his fault, it's the carpets.
Speaking of "The Hunger Games" cast, Amandla Stenberg, who played Rue in the movie, wore an adorable Tony Ward dress. I don't know how old she is in real life, no older than 14, I am assuming (I have Google literally RIGHT at my fingertips, but alas, I am too lazy to research this.) so I think this is perfect. Her Kate Spade shoes are super cute too.
Another cast member from "The Hunger Games" showed up, Willow Shields, who played Prim (And made me want to cry, by the way), looked precious in this Marc by Marc Jacobs outfit as well.
I got really excited when I saw Heidi Klum. I got really excited about her hair, her makeup and her dress. That is until I saw her boots. OH the boots. I hate them. They are so unnecessary. Thigh-high boots are dumb. If you want your boots to go that high, just wear tights! I mean, what? I don't have any strong feelings about them.
Okay. Kristen Stewart showed up and she didn't look like she wanted to kill anyone for being alive. She normally has that look. You know the one. I respect and applaud her efforts with this Stella McCartney dress (Although my friend pointed out that the sleeves are too long), but the matchy-matchy Barbara Bui heels are a little too much.
I didn't know Jesse McCartney was still a thing.
I wonder if somewhere in Drake Bell's contract there is something about how he has to show up to Nickelodeon events, just to remind people (like myself) that he was once relevant. They should add "get longer pants" into his contract too, since it seems as though he will be attending more events.

1 comment: