Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vanity Fair Oscars After Party 2012

All week/month/year (When it comes to awards season, it's all really the same thing) I have been reminding people that when I go to the Oscars, the only after party that I will be attending will be the Vanity Fair after party. It is SO fantastic. It's the only party that all the really important people go to. And I'll be a really important person by next year. I can promise you that. (Gosh, I am just trying as hard as I can to talk about this year's Oscars until next year's Oscars.)
Emma Stone looked gorgeous in this Chanel gown. I'm really glad she changed dresses because as much as I loved her other gown, THIS, THIS is amazing.
Aw. Let's walk down memory lane, shall we? Just one year ago, at the Vanity Fair Oscar After Party, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez came out officially as a couple. And since then, my love for them has blossomed. Unfortunately this year, Selena Gomez stepped out alone, but she looked gorgeous whilst doing so. I love everything about this look, from her hair to her Dolce & Gabbana gown. She is so stunning and so classy. I love her for it.
I am really truly puzzled as to why Jennifer Lopez (Apparently that's what she's going by now?) was invited to the Oscars in the first place. The Vanity Fair party makes some sense, but the actual awards show? I don't even know. She looked too young and revealing in this Zuhair Murad gown. Like, okay, we get it J. Lo, you have a great body, but put it away already. Gosh. Also she's standing like she thinks she's the ish and well, I'm pretty sure she's not. She is in danger of another almost-accidental nip slip though.
Diane Kruger shut the party DOWN in this Calvin Klein number. I don't love the exposed bra, but she looked fierce and I respect that.
You know that I don't love Claire Danes for reasons that I cannot explain, so I think that has something to do with the fact that I really don't like her huge Valentino gown. It almost looks a little bit young for her. Not that she's old, I just feel like Lily Collins should be wearing it or something. Or even Selena Gomez. But speaking of Lily Collins...
Lily Collins wore this Monique Lhuillier gown and while I feel like I should be dancing around in circles, due to my love for it, I kind of don't love it as much as I feel like I should. Holy moly, that was a run-on sentence. I think it might be the nude part. Or the blue. If the blue detailing had been, say, gold, I would be in love. This is unsettling to me though.
I think Elizabeth Banks is a little bit fantastic, but I am not swooning over her Chadwick Bell gown. I think it's the green polka dots. I really don't like the green polka dots. But I do applaud her for this nonetheless. (Have we talked about my love for the word "nonetheless?" I really love it.)
Victoria Beckham and David Beckham are gorgeous. They are gorgeous together and they are gorgeous separately. They are just too much. Of course Victoria wore her own line and of course she looked great. Just, of course.
UGH. I am so glad my friend's pointed this out... January Jones looks like a tree. I absolutely loathe this Wes Gordon gown. It's hideous. Absolutely the worst. I do like her hair though, I'll give her that one.
Thank the heavens! Shailene Woodley changed for the after party into this Proenza Schouler dress. I personally really like it. And yes, it looks like an oversized Tommy Bahama shirt and yes, she looks like a walking palm tree, but it's just so much better than the dress she chose for the red carpet. This one is fun and (gasp!) age appropriate. And the color of her shoes makes me want to cry, it's amazing.
Amy Adams looked DARLING in this Vivienne Westwood dress. Everything is so simple, but I love it.
I don't know why Olivia Wilde wore a choker. I really, really don't. But I hate it. Fortunately for her, I really like the Gucci gown. But the choker... Ugh. It's the worst.
SOFIA VERGARA. Gosh, she looked gorgeous! Good gracious.
Oh my gosh. TomKat. They are one of my least favorite Hollywood couples. While I hate everything else about this, I do really love Katie Holmes' Elie Saab Couture gown. It is gorgeous. But her bangs? Those need to be shut down right away. What would Suri have to say about this, Katie?...

No comments:

Post a Comment