Wednesday, February 15, 2012

54th Annual Grammy Awards

Ugh. Because I feel obligated as a fashion blogger and just a human in general, let's talk about the Grammy's. OH how I loathe the Grammy's. I know you know that but I feel like I need to reiterate it time and time again because that's just how much I loathe them. They are so classless and stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love music just as much as the next person, but I just dislike this particular awards show a lot. So to answer your question, yes, yes I did watch them. I watched them with my aunt and uncle which provided very entertaining feedback. Let's get this over with, shall we?...
Adele, Queen of the Night if we're being completely honest, looked gorgeous in this Giorgio Armani dress. Some people complained about the fact that she only wore black, but I love it. And her hair, and her makeup and even her Lana del Rey-esque nails were not so bad. She looked gorgeous and happy and really, I've said it before, but pure joy on the red carpet is the best accessory. Aw.
Katy Perry looked stunning in this Elie Saab gown. This may or may not be one of my favorite red carpet looks from her. And while I do love the blue hair, I don't like that it clashes with her dress. But oh, the dress is so pretty I feel guilty getting mad at it. She definitely had an "Eat Your Heart Out, Russell Brand" moment that night. And I loved every second of it.
Rihanna looked, for lack of a better word, amazeballs in this custom Armani gown. From the plunging neckline and slit in the front, to the crazy open back, she rocked this. Heck, she rocks any look. I love her for it. I do not, however, like her hair. I respect the whole "Whitney Houston/Tina Turner" thing going on, I do, but I can't look past the roots. They kill me. And not in a good way. The simplicity of her look, and how effortless it seems, makes this my favorite. (My Uncle's favorite too, but let's not talk about his crush on Rhi Rhi.)
I rolled my eyes SO dramatically when I saw what Fergie decided to wear. She decided that she wanted to remind me of how much I hate seeing her on the red carpet by wearing a lace peek-a-boo Jean Paul Gaultier dress. Now, here's the thing. The color looks GREAT on her and her body looks great, I mean we can see pretty much all of it, and I'm even okay with the whole "I see London, I see France" thing, but when it's done correctly. Had she worn tangerine, nay even nude, colored undergarments, I would be in love, but black? C'mon now, Fergie. Are you that desperate for attention?...
Taylor Swift FINALLY listened to me, you guys!! She stepped out of the box. While some people are not responding positively to her Zuhair Murad gown. I personally love it. On her at least. I think it was a smart decision because it definitely got people talking. I do agree with reviews, and by reviews I mean comments on celebrity gossip sites (REALLY reliable sources I have, no?) that she needed to be, um "bustier" to fill out the top of the dress in which I mentally replied that Katy Perry would've looked INCREDIBLE in this. I mean, Katy Perry looks great always. It's a little bit unfair. I kind of feel as though Katy should've worn this Zuhair Murad gown and Taylor should've worn the Elie Saab gown, no? But her hair, her hair needs some desperate work. I mean, if you're going to go for a bun, make it a top knot or a low bun, don't just leave it hanging out on the back of your head. Yes, this is how it was shown on the runway, but still.
She actually won a few awards before the show even started, thank goodness because she tried making us feel bad for her when she brought up the whole Kanye West thing again. Girl, that was like, 2 years ago. People barely remember it. And plus, hanging out with drunk Kanye West at an awards show is not the worst way to spend your night. Am I right? Yes, I am. However, this is a bit matronly for the Grammy's.
I'm not sure if you saw Nicki Minaj's exorcist performance, but it was frightening. I legitmately don't know why she thought that was okay. I respect the creative freedom people have, I do, I swear, but at the same time, it was so over-the-top that it was almost unnecessary. When I saw that she showed up looking like Little Red Riding Hood in this Versace number with a Pope on her arm, I knew we were in for the opposite of a treat.
Lady Gaga decided not to walk the red carpet which is good because I am pretty positive that I hate what she is wearing. Like always. She is such a puzzle to me. Just when you think she has outcrazied herself, she wears something like this. I mean, in all honesty, I'm not even sure what "this" is. I am 100% positive that she didn't blink completely or close her mouth during the entire awards show. That's what you get for putting a net on your face.
Kelly Osbourne FINALLY looked like a normal person on the red carpet in this gorgeous Tony Ward gown. I even love her lilac hair. Like, a lot. She looks really great.
I was later informed that Jessie J's Julien MacDonald gown looked a lot better in person/on camera. This picture is evidently not doing the dress justice. I mainly don't like the bottom, but I respect the whole disco ball thing. I don't like her bangs though. They are bothersome.

No comments:

Post a Comment