Sunday, February 12, 2012

2012 BAFTA Awards

The BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) Awards were earlier today in London and I have a soft spot in my heart for the BAFTAs. Mainly because that means that the Oscars are right around the corner.
AH. This is my absolute favorite. Shailene Woodley looked gorgeous in this Dolce & Gabbana gown. I love the appliques, I love the color and the silhouette of the gown. Her hair is okay. Again, I'm not one to judge when it comes to top knots (I'm sporting one right now) but is it okay to pair with a Dolce & Gabbana gown? I'm not quite sure.
This is my second favorite of the night. Kristen Wiig looked really wonderful in this Alberta Ferretti gown. Yes, it kind of looks like a wedding gown, but I loves it.
Viola Davis looked stunning in this Valentino gown. The color looks perfect with her skin tone. I'm not as crazy with Octavia Spencer's Tadashi Shoji top and skirt though. Yes, I realize that it's cold in London, but suck it up. Your costars did.
This makes me sad because here are two things I really like: Jessica Chastain and Oscar de la Renta. Unfortunately, I do not like them together. At least not here and now. I think the necklaces are what I really dislike. They are distracting and there is really no need for them. I do like the color though, but OH Jessica, I am rooting for you in two ways for the Oscars, I want you to win best dressed and best supporting actress. Can you do that for me? Or yourself? Or whatever.
This is weird to me. Michelle Williams showed up in a custom made H&M dress. A few things are weird about that. 1. H&M makes custom dresses? Huh. 2. H&M makes custom dresses? Huh. Okay, maybe those are the same weird things, but I can't get over it. It's so random, really. And I mean, if you are going to have someone make a dress specifically for you, at least make a pretty and fun one. You know?
This is the best Meryl Streep has looked in a while. She looked gorgeous in this Vivienne Westwood gown. I am really impressed. And here we were thinking that Helen Mirren was the only mature (That's my nice way of saying the mean "o" word.) well dressed actress in Hollywood.
While I am not super in love with Penelope Cruz's Armani Prive gown, the color does look kind of magnificent on her.
I don't know what potion Daniel Radcliffe made/drank (See what I did there?), but he has been looking SUPER great as of late. Like, really attractive.
Any excuse to put George Clooney on my blog is a good enough reason for me. He's so dapper.
You know in "Beauty & the Beast" when the Beast dies for like, 25 seconds and then turns into a handsome man? Well, Brad Pitt looks like the Beast post-beastliness. Right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment