Thursday, January 12, 2012

People's Choice Awards 2012

Oh heavens. I dislike the People's Choice Awards quite a lot. As my Aunt and Uncle pointed out it's kind of a pointless awards show because the winners of each category are the only ones in their category to show up to the event which kind of defeats the purpose, no? I was going to do a best and worst dressed list, but there are more worst dressed than best, so c'est la vie.
I am OBSESSED with Lea Michele's Marchesa dress. Not only is the front gorgeous, but the back is stunning. I think this is my favorite of the night.
This is my second best dressed pick. I love Ginnifer Goodwin's Roksanda Ilinic dress. The color, and those sleeves!, are fantastic. Also I am lusting after her earrings.
I have a definite girl crush on Lucy Hale which makes deciding how I feel about her dress difficult. I like everything but the part near her neck. It's weird. If this were strapless, I'd be drooling. Also, have fun with your shoes, Lucy! Goodness.
I hate that I don't hate this. Miley Cyrus looked kind of gorgeous in this David Koma dress. I saw the front and was like "Oh, this is kind of cute." Then I saw the back and officially fell in love. It's so weird, but it's kind of great. And I love her Jimmy Choo heels, the color compliments the detailing on the dress perfectly.
I am confused about a couple things. 1. How to say Cobie Smulders' name. I've been watching "How I Met Your Mother" since it began, but I never have figured it out. 2. While her Reem Acra dress is cute, I hate that she accessorized it with an Etro necklace and Bare cuff. It's is really distracting. And by distracting, I mean ugs.
I LOATHE Vanessa Hudgens' Jenny Packham dress. It looks like a giant spiderweb. I also still loathe her hair. It's just... No.
Remember that girl from "The Last Song" that we were all supposed to hate, and did? Yeah, she was at the PCA and she wore a super ugly dress. You're supposed to make us like you now, random actress girl. This isn't helping. Break out of your character!
I'm not super excited about the Viktor & Rolf dress Jennifer Lawrence wore last night. It looks like she slipped and fell into a fishing net and before they could save her, she got attacked by an octopus, but they became friends and now they're inseparable. That's totally plausible, right? Right.
I think Alyson Hannigan is one of the cutest human beings. She looked so precious in this alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet dress. And as awkward as pregnant poses are, I had to include her hubby, Alexis Denisof because I think he's kind of wonderful when he guest stars on "How I Met Your Mother."
I also love Jennifer Morrison's Oscar de la Renta dress. It's so dainty and cute. I even like her top knot. Sue me, okay?
I really dislike Nina Dobrev's Elie Saab dress. It's really well, ugly. And those shoes make her look 32 and not 22.
Chloe Moretz bothers me for some reason, but I think her Proenza Schouler is kind of darling. And these Dolce & Gabbana shoes are making me really envious.
I must say, Ashley Benson is one of my favorite newcomers. I don't think I love her dress though.
I mean, this is embarrassing for Miss Teen USA. Dear PCA, Don't invite her if you need her to walk around wearing a nametag. Love, Erin
Barf. Was that too mean? I seriously dislike Ashley Greene's DKNY dress. Evidently it's custom-made (Which makes this situation even more unfortunate) and it's honestly really unflattering. Partially because she's not my favorite, but I'm sure I would dislike this dress either way.
I don't know how I feel about Kaley Cuoco's dress because I am too distracted by her hair. It's just so... Yeah.
I'm okay with Kelly Obsourne's Honor dress, I guess (The line in the middle... WAIT. Is that a zipper? Dear goodness, I hope not.) but I'm really just concerned about her hair. It's just so gray. Last time I checked, which was very recent, women don't want gray hair, so I'm just confused. For someone who is on a show called "Fashion Police," this is truly concerning. Reason #459 as to why I should take her place. Forever.
This will be a letter to Faith Hill. Dearest Faith Hill, This is so unfortunate, partially because you still have your good looks. I didn't even recognize you. You have SO much potential. You're married to Tim McGraw for goodness' sake. Also, last time I checked you had gorgeous locks, why did you bring back the haircut you had during your 1998 hit music video for "This Kiss?" Love, A Concerned Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment