Thursday, January 12, 2012

Critic's Choice Movie Awards 2012

YAY. Finally some beautiful gowns. I mean, I guess in comparison to last night's People's Choice Awards almost anything is gorgeous. Am I right? (In my head you all went "Yes, of course, Erin!" in high-pitched noises).
I'm deciding to open/begin this blog post with this ADORABLE picture of Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone being all kinds of precious on the red carpet tonight. I can't handle the cuteness. I wonder what they were talking about...
Emma Stone's Jason Wu gown is growing on me. Slowly, but surely. The one thing which is making me scrunch my nose is the top of the dress. The openings and the little drawstring are weird to me, but the rest of it is wonderful! I forgot about her on my PCA blog post (I don't wanna talk about it.) but last night she wore a green Gucci suit. I love that she is sticking with green because not only does it suit her hair color/complexion wonderfully, it makes her eyes pop and I loves it.
Alright. I am praying that Jessica Chastain is just saving up all her red carpet gorgeousness for Sunday because this Balenciaga gown is not my favorite. I think the color is lovely on her, but the dress does not fit her well. I am all for wearing (a little) baggier and comfortable clothes on the red carpet (and in real life) but this is awkwardly large on top. I HAVE to have faith for Sunday. I HAVE TO.
Viola Davis (Who has been winning awards left and right, she won Best Actress for "The Help" tonight, so I am really excited for her!) wore a gorgeous Raoul gown. I just reprimanded Jessica Chastain for her dress being baggy and while it seems as though Viola Davis' dress is baggy too, hers isn't as bad, so I'm not being a hypocrite. I swear.
While I do not like Evan Rachel Wood's hair, it looks super strange, this was one of my favorite Valentino gowns and it still is. I am obsessed. I needed Jessica Chastain in this. Or something. Also, Evan Rachel Wood is there supporting "The Ides of March" which has me wondering where Ryan Gosling is hiding out. If it's with Eva Mendes, I swear...
This Chanel dress is WAY too old for Chloe Moretz. It makes her look like a feminine Viking. That's a thing, right?
I like everything about Diane Kruger's Prada dress except for the top. It looks like it's choking her. I do like her accessories though. Hot pink with gray and yellow? Amazing!
You guys, I don't think I like Michelle William's Chanel dress. Maybe if it was on someone else?
I am forever jealous of Stacey Keibler's life. I am not jealous of the top of her dress though. I don't love it.
To me, Kirsten Dunst's entire look is sloppy and unfinished. Again, I think if someone else had been wearing this Christian Dior dress, I would be more openminded, but this is just annoying to me.
Charlize Theron is SO freaking gorgeous, I cannot handle it. I don't think I love her Azzedine Alaia dress though. When I first saw it, it caught me off guard (In an unpleasant way) but I guess it's not too bad. Right?
I think Maya Rudolph is fantastic. That is all.
I wanted to like Shailene Woodley's Calvin Klein dress, but I don't think that I do. Maybe I do? I'm having problems making decisions. That's what happens when I get overwhelmed with red carpet pictures and gowns.
I know for a fact that if this Rodarte dress was on anyone else, I would hate it. But on cute, 13 year old, Elle Fanning, I love it. She looks like a hippie fairy princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment