Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fashion Repeat(s)

Liz. Lemon. Eye. Roll. You know how much I hate fashion repeats. I mean, here's the thing, each season, designers work their hineys off to produce gorgeous garments, so it boggles my mind as to why celebrities (and their stylists) don't pay more attention to other fellow celebrities. I mean, if and when I'm a stylist, I will be all over this. It's embarrassing. You are paying a lot of money for someone to dress you, but they are being unoriginal and kind of sloppy. Case in point: This Emilio Pucci dress has been worn four times since Jessica Chastain first wore it to the 2011 Met Gala. I didn't know who she was back then, so I didn't comment but I kind of like it. Then Freida Pinto was spotted wearing it on the September 2011 issue of InStyle UK. THEN last night Alexa Chung wore it to a party for Peter Dundas to celebrate the new Pucci botique in their Fifth Avenue flagship store. I thought that was the end of this. And THEN I get online and see a numerous amount of crazy news stories (1. Yes, celebrity gossip is news. 2. Rumor has it that Justin Bieber is a babydaddy which almost made me choke on my laughter. I mean, what?) one being Kris Jenner on "Today" talking about Kim's divorce. And oh, would you look at that?! She's wearing the Emilio Pucci dress too. So, now, that is just ridiculous. Like, twice is bad enough, but four stinkin' times? Shut it down. And to make matters worse, I can't decide who wore it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment