Monday, July 11, 2011

BAFTA Brits to Watch Event

Oh mon dieu! Le temps est venu! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in America, you guys! Nay, even better, they are in Los Angeles. I am so excited about this. Granted, I most likely will not get a chance to stalk, I mean, whatever, them due to the fact that a) They have heavy security (One would only hope) and b) I start school on Tuesday and c) I don't know how long they'll be here. But all that matters is that they made an appearance last night for the BAFTA Brits to Watch Event. A bunch of random people made appearances, from Jennifer Lopez to Jennifer Garner (I wonder if that's awkward?... Bennifer, anyone?) and then of course, the always stunning Kate Middleton. I'm convinced that she was meant to be a Princess or Duchess or whatever. She's so perfect and put together every time I see her. Every. Single. Time.
Okay, I have a few comments. 1. They are still so freaking cute together, I almost can't stand it. 2. SHE. IS. GORGEOUS. 3. I am in love with her hair. Like, I'm actually lusting after it right now. 4. I'm not in love with her Alexander McQueen gown. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I don't love it. It's very safe, which is appropriate as a Duchess and such, but I don't know. I was hoping it would be like a "I need that dress right now! No, I'm not crying it's raining on my face because I'm jealous/excited" kind of dress. You know?
Holy. Jennifer. Garner. She looked STUNNING. Oh my goodness. This color looks incredible on her and the dress itself is so pretty. And her makeup and hair? Shut. The. Front. Door. She looks perfect from head to toe. Well, head to ankle because I can't see her shoes, but if it's anything like the rest of her outfit, I'm sure I love it.
AH. I am so happy for a lot of reasons. The biggest reason being that Blake Lively is NOT wearing a Chanel piece. A round of applause, am I right? She looks almost angelic in this Marchesa dress. It's slowly but surely growing on me. I like that it's flowy, but not too flowy. It's like the porridge Goldilocks found. It's just right. Oh my gosh, that's embarrassing but I already typed it. It's too late to go back... Oh and I am in love with her hair. I think I may or may not dedicate a post solely to her hair.
Kristen Chenoweth also made an appearance (I'm telling you, I don't know where they got the names for the guest list...) and she looked beautiful! Granted, the dress slightly reminds me of "Beetlejuice," which fun fact, I hate. I saw it at my best friend's house in first grade and it scared the living daylights out of me. I'm very visual and I remember random things (ie. Scary parts of movies, dresses from red carpets or editorials, the name of random nail polish colors, celebrity dating histories) and for some reason scenes from that movie scarred me. So naturally, you'd think that this would frighten me, but I actually really love it.
Wait. Hold the phone! Is Nicole Kidman wearing COLOR?! Is Nicole Kidman wearing something remotely cute?! Wait. Is Nicole Kidman wearing Elie Saab? I can safely answer "Yes" to all of those. You guys, we are witnessing history right here. But for reals this time, you guys, WHY IS SHE THERE? She's not a Brit and she's not "one to watch" because she's been in a few movies. And by a few, I'm being sarcastic, doesn't she have an Oscar? And yes, I know that I always forget/question why she's on the red carpet, but for this particular event, I am officially stumped.
Okay. I am still really loving Elizabeth Banks, but I'm not loving her Versace dress. I think it's the gold button/pocket things that are making me scrunch my nose in an classless manner. She looks pretty though!
What the what? Is Jennifer Lopez joking? THIS is what she wears to meet Prince William and Kate Middleton? REALLY? She wears this Emilio Pucci gown? Like, really? I hate it. I hate everything about it. I hate the dress itself and I hate the fact that she wore it to this event in particular. She really doesn't want us to be fooled by the rocks that she's got, does she?... Nope, bad joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment