Saturday, February 26, 2011

2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards

A lot of random actors and actresses showed up in Santa Monica today for the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards and a whole lot of them showed up wearing either a little white dress or a very Springy dress. Solely on the actresses, of course. You never know in Hollywood, right?
I LOVE Zoe Saldana's Dolce & Gabbana dress. It is SO cute I kind of can't even stand it. I mean, lace and cheetah print? Kill me. Kill me now. And the fact that she picked a pair of coral shoes? Actually dying over here.
I've never been Amanda Peet's biggest fan, but I am a fan of her LWD. Her black tights, however, I don't love. I would've gone with cheetah tights or something if I was Amanda. But whatever. I also would've given my children cuter names, but whatever again.
I feel like Anna Kendrick has worn a dress like this before. Yes? It kind of looks like origami.
Apparently Eva Mendes brought a wind machine with her, which worked in her favor because she looks wonderful. I don't know if I like her dress though, it slightly resembles a comforter or curtains.
Jennifer Lawrence reminds me of Ke$ha. If Ke$ha decided to take a shower, put the glitter down, take a bath and brush her hair. Yes, Ke$ha is so dirty that she needs a shower AND a bath.
I don't understand Melissa Leo. She is a gorgeous woman, so I really don't know why she dresses like this. The most frightening thing about this is the fact that during 2011's award season, this is her best outfit. The sunglasses, those need to go. The coat, is AMAZING, but it also needs to go. The Marc Bouwer dress, actually looks really pretty minus the coat. It has fun cut out sleeves which you can't see due to the fact that she is wearing a dirty polar bear on her arms. Melissa Leo, I am nervous for tomorrow. Please don't give me a reason to be nervous.
Mia Wasikowska looks adorable in this Rodarte dress. I don't know if I love the dress, but she pulls it off nicely.
Michelle Trachtenberg's Pamella Roland coat is unsettling for some reason. I don't know why, I just kind of don't like it. I feel as though I would've liked it if she had worn it grocery shopping or out to lunch and not on the red carpet.
Natalie Portman looks adorable. She looks really cold, but thankfully (Unlike Melissa Leo) she sucked it up. Her Givenchy dress is all kinds of adorable. I really can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. IT'S GETTING CLOSER!!!!!
I am so happy that Nicole Kidman took my advice and started wearing color on the red carpet. She looks so good! This dress is simple, but manages to make her look stunning. Red dresses have magical powers, I am sure of it.
I adore Sandra Oh. A lot. I adore her on "Grey's Anatomy" and I've adored her in everything else she's been in. I actually really like her dress too. And her hair?! Loves it. (I miss my person now...)
I haven't heard anything about Amber Tamblyn for awhile so I'm really not sure what possessed her to purchase this dress. I feel like she should be churning butter or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment