Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Potter Inspired By McQueen

Word on the web is that Jany Temime, costume designer for the final Harry Potter movie, stole one of her dress designs from the late Alexander McQueen. Fleur Delacour's wedding dress looks awfully similar to a gorgeous dress from McQueen's Fall 2008 collection. Quite interesting, no? The only difference is that instead of peacocks (Like on McQueen's gown), the dress created for Fleur Delacour (Sidenote: I won't be able to take Clemence Poesy seriously as Fleur now that I have seen her as Eva on "Gossip Girl.") has phoenixes on it. I mean, if (God forbid) I was Jany Temime I would've a) Been more careful or b) Asked the people at Alexander McQueen if she could borrow the gown. But I mean, that's just be being sensible. Either way, it is a wonderful dress. (Via Refinery 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment