Thursday, September 2, 2010

Daisy Fellowes

Today, as I was eating my lunch in Nordstrom Cafe (I add that only because it was so good, I can't even stand it.), I was reading through the September issue of Harper's Bazaar and I came across an article on Daisy Fellowes, the former editor for Harper's Bazaar Paris in the 1930s, and she was one fierce bitch. (And that was one fierce run-on sentence, I apologize). I think my favorite part of the article appropriately titled "The Most Stylish & Wicked Woman in Fashion" is "Fellowes could pull off eccentric fashions that might have looked foolish on others. "She told Salvador Dali that she could make anything fashionable," says Julian Fellowes. "'Very well," said he. 'Take off your shoe and put it on your head.' She did, and with the help of her pal Elsa Schiaparelli, the shoe hat became the sensation. So much so that Dali claimed it was all his doing." I mean, and we thought Anna Wintour was bad... Puh-lease.

No comments:

Post a Comment