Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Letter From the Editor: May '10

Yesterday I finally got around to reading the May issue of Allure (I know, I'm a slacker. Sue me.) and I found something on the "Letter From the Editor: May '10" page that was of particular interest to me. Linda Wells, Editor in Chief, is talking about happiness and such and says this "Beauty, like happiness, was long considered a gift of nature or a fact of genetics, not a skill that could, with effort, be developed. When Helena Rubinstein, the cosmetics queen, said, "There are no ugly women, only lazy ones."' Um, hello! That is my favorite quote of ALL TIME. I read it and I actually laughed out loud. It wasn't a "Ha ha" kind of laugh, it was more of an "I cannot believe it" kind of laugh. These are the moments when I realize/remember why I love the fashion world so much. I could totally be Allure's next Editor in Chief, but right now I'll just settle for Fashion Manager...

No comments:

Post a Comment